Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April!

Yay! It's April. Finally, Spring is here, even though it was freezing this morning. Besides Autum, Spring is my favorite season. Perfect weather and...thunderstorms!!! I love thunderstorms and the sky looks a little dark right now so i'm hoping for a storm! I just got home from work and decided to make some coffee. Otherwise I would fall asleep. I don't drink coffee very often since most times when I drink it my body hates me for it, but I'm willing to suffer a little for a good cup. When I was in school almost every other day when I had a break I would go to au bon pain and get some hazelnut coffee. It became an addiction. Not just for the coffee, but also the cute guy who would happen to go there the same time I did (wink wink). Only semi stalking! Anyway, once I was finished school I began to miss it. Then a couple days ago I was at target looking for ice cube trays and came across the coffee makers. They had a 3 cup french press for $15 dollars. I couldn't pass it up. I picked up some hazelnut coffee and now i'm set. Although it says 3 cups it really only holds 1 large cup of coffee, which is perfect for me. A little off topic but I thought I'd share my cool find.


So here are two new aprons I made. I snapped the pictures last night and now looking at them, I should have ironed the aprons before taking the pics. Oh well! The first was inspired by a dress in the new anthropologie catalog. This is the dress. 



I love it, especially with all of the pleating. I picked a very feminine fabric pattern and made the front with pleats about 1/4 to ½ inches apart. I used the same fabric for the waistband and straps as the front of the apron for simplicity, and I like the way it looks. This is by far one of my favorite aprons I’ve made.




The second is more retro and I bought the fabric at Ikea.



Tonight I will post the recipe for stuffed mushrooms! -kb

No comments:

Post a Comment